Pilgrim Walk to SMG Ryde 2019
November 2| $30
Our first walk since 2017!
You are welcome to join us on a fellowship walk from our parish to celebrate Sts. Michael and Gabriel.
We will proceed from St. Mary’s, Mays Hill and walk to Sts. Michael and Gabriel.
All are welcome.
- The objective of the day is to glorify God and to journey in His holy name. We aim to share in joy and love.
- We will start at Mays Hill and finish at Sts. Michael and Gabriel.
- We will make stops on the way.
- You will need to find your own way back
- Limited places back to the parish may be available, but not guaranteed
- We will do our best to:
- Find the right size T-Shirt for you. Please be as accurate as possible when picking your size at checkout
- Cater to your dietary requirements
- Find a suitable transport option to return you back to Mays Hill
- Final times and details will be communicated after registration has been finalised, and closer to the date. Please allow the whole day for the walk as the weather will dictate the times.
- No unsupervised children are allowed.
- A child is anyone who is under the age of 18 on the day of the event
- A supervisor is over the age of 21 and is preferably a parent
- 1 child per supervisor
- We will proceed regardless of weather, unless there is a risk to health or safety.
- It is your responsibility to dress appropriately and accordingly.
- Organisers reserve the right to:
- Limit the number of registrations
- Change the plans if it is for the safety of the group
- Ask somebody to stop walking and to ride in the safety vehicle
- Due to reasons of health and safety, all parishioners must be registered to walk with us. This is to ensure there are enough volunteers and supervisors according to the group needs.
- Please contact a youth or parish member if you have any questions.
What to bring on the day:
- Appropriate and modest dress (we will be visiting churches and representing the Church)
- Appropriate weather and walking clothing and gear
- Comfortable sports shoes
- Modest shorts or appropriate pants
- Sunscreen (we will also have some limited types available)
- Personal Medications and Hygeine requirements
- Preferred water bottle (we will also have water available for you at limited stops)
- A back-pack or bag to secure your items
- A prayer rope