Due to an unforseen major celebration for “The Beheading of St. John the Baptist” we will be taking the week off from Bible Studies. I will not be able to offer an alternative class this week, and we also have next week off (our regular first Wednesday of the month).
Instead, we will return on Wednesday, 11th September. Please use the time to take a break, do some readings, and attend the Divine Services (which are critical to the life of Christians).
See below on how you can make this time fruitful.
Instead of attending the lesson…
1. Attend Vespers
- Attending class is only 1 part of the course… experience in the worship life is like 10 classes (or more!)
- As part of our Catechism, worship in the Church is of major importance and you are highly encouraged to attend the Vespers (evening prayers) for this great feast.
- You can also visit the parish of St. John since their move from Campsie, to their beautiful new home which has been renovated. CLICK HERE for details.
2. Learn about St. John the Baptist
- Here’s a link to his life and death: CLICK HERE FOR HIS LIFE
- Here’s a YouTube video from the classic movie “King of Kings” that depicts how he was beheaded
3. Prepare for our return
- I have uploaded the next 2 modules which you can view on this link: CLICK HERE FOR COURSE DOCUMENTS (password OC2019)
- Last week we started module 2 “God the Father- Part 1”
- Please read “God the Father- Part 2” by our next lesson
Here’s a link to the Bible Studies main page (including a timetable of planned breaks): Bible Studies Timetable