A great option for great lent!
Delicious Broccoli Salad
A delicious and healthy salad that can be eaten as a meal
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping Board
- Small Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- Serving Spoon
- 750 grams Fresh Broccoli Chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup Almonds
- ½ cup Pepitas or Sunflower Seeds
- ½ cup Red Onion finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 tbsp Tamari Sauce or soy sauce
Honey Mustard Dressing
- ⅓ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 clove Garlic pressed or minced
- ¼ tsp Fine Salt
Toast the seeds
- Pour the seeds and almonds into a medium pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently until the Pepitas are golden on both sides (be careful not to burn them).
- Pour the toasted seeds into a large serving bowl. Set aside to cool.
Prepare the salad
- Add the chopped broccoli, onion, and cranberries to a large serving bowl.
Mix the Dressing
- In a small bowl combine all the dressing ingredients (olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, tamari, garlic and salt) and whisk well.
Bring it all together
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until all of the broccoli is lightly coated in the dressing.
- I highly recommend letting the salad marinate for at least 20 minutes, or even overnight in the refrigerator.
- Divide the salad into individual bowls and serve.
- Leftovers will keep well for 3 to 4 days in the fridge, covered.
- Adjust recipe ingredients to increase! You will want to make extra!